Neel Lighting & Controls worked with a design/build electrical contractor to deliver a lighting and controls package for a very large commercial helicopter hangar and its related support offices. The massive facility, located in Fillmore, CA, provides maintenance, modification, modernization and service life extension of rotorcraft for their extensive list of municipal and private customers.
The project, which was completed in the summer of 2019, required lighting layout design and procurement, as well as lighting controls design, procurement and programming. The end result is a functional space that performs well for the owner, and gives the facility manager the ability to control the lighting control system via a smart device.
• Lutron Electronics. Vive wireless lighting control, occupancy sensors and daylight photosensors
• Techbrite. Exterior wall packs for safety and security between sunset and dusk
• Mobern Lighting. Stairwell lights with on board occupancy sensing to ensure the stairwells are “low” during unoccupied times and “full” when occupied.
• Maxlite Lighting. LED flat panels for office lighting and high bays for warehouse and maintenance area.
- Client: Helicopter Facility
- Date: August 2019
- • Client controls lighting via smart device.
- • Drastically reduced maintenance costs